Thursday, September 3, 2009

a hair cut, an ear infection, some baby talk, oh and a name change too!

We started our day off with Maddy complaining of some left ear pain. So we ran to the doctor for a quick check and yes of course she has an ear infection!  We got her meds and some motrin for pain and we were on our way. Next stop Snippets for a hair cut. I've been going back and forth about Maddy getting bangs. She has been growing her hair out but I just wasn't loving what it was looking like. But I gave her the option to choose bangs or not. After oh lets say 10 minutes of big decision making she chose to try bangs again, they will always grow back. Her hair looks cute and she seems happy, for the moment! While we were out and about Maddy told me something very important. She has decided to change her name! Oh yes my sweet child would like to get rid of the name Madison and only be called Maddy. It's much more hip and in style! What can you say to that?????? So I promised her that I would do my very best to call her Maddy and respect her wishes. OY!

BABY TALK!
This is also something very very important that Maddy has been talking about for a few weeks now. She would like David and I to buy a baby!!! Yes you read it right, buy a baby!!!!!Not adopt or get pregnant(well she'd like me to have a baby too, but that's way to time consuming and she has no patience for that she told me), buy one. She would like the baby to only be a girl, so I'm guessing she thinks if we buy a baby we get to pick if it's a boy or girl. She told me to go to the bank and get a loan and she would help pay it back. She also would like the baby to sleep in her room and she will do EVERYTHING for the baby. Change diapers, middle of the night feedings, bathes, etc... I try to tell her we can't buy a baby and she does not like that answer. Her answer is yes mom we can and have you been to the doctor about having your own baby too, I'm not getting any younger! What's a mom to do??? I told her I'll look into buying a baby and get back to her :) I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Miss "Maddy" is keeping you on your toes. Maybe you should buy her a baby doll and be done with it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where does that girl come up with this stuff, she is a trip! I am good on calling her "Maddy", I do it all the time :) I love her with bangs, she looks adorable.

    When you find the baby store, can you let me know if they sell them at an age where they sleep thru the night, because my two babies are broken and aren't sleeping thru the night anymore so we might want to do an exchange :) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the baby doll thing Stacy and she rolled her eyes and said ummm mom a baby doll is fake! Well ummm I guess she told me.....

    Haley she asked if she could buy baby Elisabeth! Are you taking offers for your broken babies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know ASAP when you find the baby store. Do you think that have an email list that will alert us to sales? If the price is right I may go for two!

    I love Maddy :)

    ReplyDelete