Thursday, April 8, 2010

close

Tonight was HL. It was a special night because a family was closing. They were saying goodbye for now and are starting a new journey, a new life in a new place. As we sat around in a circle tonight and said our goodbyes I was struck by how much each one of these people in this room helps the other. This was a special family saying goodbye. A military family. They endured a termendous amount of heartbreak and sadness. Their sweet child was so special & so loved. She loved to sing and dance and especially loved her mama's pancakes! The mom had wonderful stories about her little girl and when she told them you felt as if you were there in that moment with them. I learned a lot from them and will hang on to everything I learned for a very long time. I'm sure it was very difficult to close the door on this chapter of their lives and set out on a new journey. My last thought when I left group tonight was I hope that their sweet little girl found my baby girl and showed her how to dance......



1 comment:

  1. So nicely written and expressed. It is amazing how much we all help each other. HL has been my saving grace these past years. I hate how we met, but couldn't imagine my life without you. Thank you for that.

    xo,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete