Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not meant to be

I've come to realize there are many things in life that are not meant to be. I have heard these 4 words more than I'd like to, and more than ever in the last 2 weeks. And I've actaully said these 4 words a lot lately. But the reality is I HATE these 4 words! I wish this statement didn't exsist. Plain and simple it makes me sad.

19 days ago I found out I was pregnant. I had a miscarriage 2 days later. For 2 days I finally felt like I was moving forward, maybe even healed just a little bit. It took me a very long time to be able to try and have another child. I have never felt ready to take this step until about a year ago.  When I stood in the bathroom in the very early morning hours and realized what was happening my heart broke all over again, excatly what I was afraid of. What we have been trying so hard for was now gone. In that moment I said to myself this just wasn't meant to be.

This is a lonely place to be. I feel broken. I feel incredibly sad. Most of all I feel terribly afraid to try again, because maybe having more children is just not meant to be......



5 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa, I don't know what to say to make you feel better but I don't want you to ever feel like having more children isn't meant to be. I am terribly sad for you, I know what a big step it was for you to take to even consider having another child and my heart breaks for you that it didn't work out. But I know up there in the universe there is a baby just waiting for you and David to be his/her mommy & daddy.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Melissa. I know how hard it is to take that step and I am so saddened that you and David had your hearts broken once again. It simply isn't fair.

    I think as you look toward the future the one thing to think about is whether your hope for happiness outweighs your fear of loss and pain. It's this teeter totter that is a scary balancing act and will often tip one way and then the other. But when it tips into the hopeful - run with it. It will be worth it. And I will hold your hand along the way just as you held mine.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa I am so sorry that you are going through such a hard time right now. I agree with Haley there is a little baby waiting for you to be their parents so don't give up! I will keep you in my prayers. Lots of Hugs coming to you:)
    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I am so sorry to hear of what happened. It seems that life can brings us those ups and then way too many downs. Know Keith and I are here for you if you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa....Here are the prices on the decals...1.25"-$12, 2"-$14, 3"-$16, 4"-$18, & 5"-$20. I have the 1.25" on my iPhone & the 5" on my car. I am not sure what you are wanting one for. There are several fonts & colors also. if you will send me your email address, i'll forward you the different options. I will send you a Paypal money request once I know what you want, and once I recieve your payment, I will place your order. They ususally take 2-3 weeks for come in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete