Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bully

My morning did not start off right. I was on the playground with Madison at school this morning to witness some very mean bullying. A 3rd grade boy being so mean to a little kindergarten boy. Made my heart drop. Made me cry when I got in the car. Made me remember the awful things kids at Madison's old school would say to her because she had a sister who died. The whole thing happened right in front of me. So I did what I thought was best and told the 3rd grader's mom what had been said and done. Not only did he call this little boy fat and stupid but he kept hitting him with his roller backpack. Just because he lost at a game of tag. Yep losing a game of tag brought on this rage attack on this little boy. What did the mom do???? Well she told him to get in line for school and that was it!!! She must not have ever had to deal with someone bullying her child. She must think that behavior is acceptable. But I'm sorry it's not. Maybe I was wrong for telling the mom, but someone had to stand up for that little boy. He walked into school in tears. Broke my heart.



1 comment:

  1. Good for you for standing up for that little boy. He needed an advocate and you were that person.

    My guess on the other little boy is that the apple doesn't fall from the tree. I was in a store once and a little boy started making fun of Katherine. The dad roughly told the kid to come on (no apology). Then a little girl came out of the dressing room (7 or so years old) and the dad told she looked fat in the dress. I was floored. It was an eye opener though.

    ReplyDelete